Larian Studios has released Hotfix 5 for Baldur's Gate 3, which fixes a bug that was preventing players from unlocking certain dialogue options for Minthara.
Minthara, the Drow Paladin, is one of many companions in Baldur's Gate 3 players can romance, but some have been experiencing issues with certain lines of dialogue not triggering properly, specifically romance dialogue. It turns out that a bug was causing this problem and the latest update has officially addressed it, allowing players to progress their romance with Minthara to Act 3 if their approval is high enough, while also unlocking new lines of dialogue to "deepen the relationship" and learn more about her backstory.
"Minthara lovers, your ship has come in," the patch notes read. "This hotfix takes care of a bug that blocked access to some of Minthara’s lines of dialogue, including some hot takes from your companions about your decision to date the ruthless Oath of Vengeance Paladin.
Additionally, other companions will comment on the relationship and "may even find themselves on Minthara's bad side (there is no good side; we've looked really hard for it) should they have their own romantic entanglements with you."
Alongside the main highlight, the update also addresses a series of performance and multiplayer issues, graphical fixes for the PS5 version, as well as some problems that may have been plaguing certain story missions. The full patch notes can be read below.
Baldur's Gate 3 Hotfix #5 patch notes
- Fixed a bug that locked players out of many of Minthara’s lines of dialogue.
Crashes and blockers
- Fixed sometimes not being able to talk to NPCs or party members because the game thought you were still in a dialogue.
- Fixed a rare crash that would occur when faraway characters got close to the party.
- Fixed a crash that would occur if a guard responding to a crime created a summon (e.g. an elemental), and you fled the combat or were incapacitated without killing the summon.
- Fixed an issue causing the game's audio to stop working on PS5.
- Fixed graphical issues on HDR TVs when the HDR black level calibration was set to 0.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when opening the onscreen keyboard.
- Fixed a memory leak when creating and destroying many objects.
- Improved performance when cycling through Character Sheet tabs in splitscreen.
- Fixed splitscreen not working correctly when a client with splitscreen already enabled joins a multiplayer game.
- Fixed dismissed avatars not showing up properly in Withers' Wardrobe if the host is at camp and is already looking inside the wardrobe.
- Fixed characters sometimes disappearing on splitscreen when the client reconnects after disconnecting while listening in on a dialogue.
- Clients rejoining a multiplayer game where there's a dismissed avatar in Withers' Wardrobe will now be able to pick that avatar up again rather than have to create a new avatar. (This bug would happen when the client left the session and another player selected that client's avatar in the middle of the dismiss-to-camp dialogue.)
Flow and gameplay
- Trader NPCs will now retain their Approval Rating of avatars and companions even after they're dismissed to Withers' Wardrobe.
- Fixed the Emperor not dying and therefore not triggering the Game Over flow if you bring him to 0 HP outside of combat in the Astral Plane.
- Fixed not being able to talk to Minthara at camp if you dismissed her outside of camp.
- Fixed Level Up not working as expected if you level up while the game is saving.
- Fixed Hag's Bane not having an effect on Auntie Ethel.
- Fixed text being cut off in the title of tutorial pop-ups.
- Fixed button prompts getting cut off on the Multiplayer Settings screen on splitscreen.
- Fixed some UIs not updating when saving, causing, for example, Shadowheart's inventory to appear empty when you recruit her on the beach.
- Fixed the tadpole count in the Radial Menu on controller.
- Fixed characters getting stuck when the Analog Stick Selection setting is set to Left Stick and you rotate the stick in circles as far as it can go.
- Added nipple covers to Cazador's spawn for when the nudity filter is enabled.
- Moved Withers' Wardrobe in the crèche camp to avoid clipping with Shadowheart's tent.
Larian has confirmed that Baldur's Gate 3 could arrive on Xbox Series X and Series S as soon as next month, though without split-screen on Series S.The Biggest Game Releases Of September 2023See More